META Scholarship Applications for 2019-2020 Now Available
The META Foundation seeks to level the playing field for Latino college scholars by providing scholarships and supportive services to bolster their opportunities to succeed.
META's Scholarship Program is made possible through the generous contributions from individuals, corporations and foundations each year.
META scholarship application for 2019-2020 now available. Due date: Friday, March 1st, 2019 by midnight.
This scholarship provides up to $6,000, payable over four years, to entering college freshmen attending four-year colleges and universities.
This scholarship provides up to $2,000, payable over four years, to either four-year college or university students or to community college students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution in the fall.
To be eligible to apply for a META scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be applying, accepted or enrolled at an accredited institution of higher education as a full-time undergraduate student pursuing an academic discipline.
2. Students enrolled in community or junior colleges are also eligible to apply provided they intend to enroll in a four-year accredited institution in Fall 2019 and plan to complete a bachelor's degree.
3. Must have a 3.00 GPA and be in good academic standing.
4. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident of Hispanic origin
5. Must be graduating (or have graduated) from a high school in Southern California
6. Must have financial need
7. Preference is given to students who have demonstrated leadership or mentoring qualities through their record of involvement and participation in activities in school or in their communities.
High School Seniors:
Current Four-Year College Students
or Community College Students Transferring to a Four-Year Institution in Fall 2019: